About the Organization
DIAGEO is a British multinational company, with its headquarters in London, England and offices on six continents and offices in six continents. It was the world's largest distiller until being overtaken by China's Kweichow Moutai on 9 April 2017. Diageo's brands include Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Baileys and Guinness.
About the Project
Given that the alcohol category has challenges in direct communication in India, our task was to help Diageo relaunch their portal which is a surrogate platform used for communicating their brand positions. The primary gateway for this is their portal SocialGOAT.in. The key mandate was to assist DIAGEO as Technology partner and Support in building the MVP (Minimum Viable Product) in Drupal 8.
- Recommended and participated in discussions with different stakeholders in the portal ecosystem, the content team, the design team, the social team for alignment with technology
- Review of UI/UX: Recommended best practices
- SEO/ SEM (advisory role)
- Development support: Development, Migration & Hosting support for CMS
- Ongoing Maintenance: Application Maintenance, SEO and Infra optimization
Unimity’s experience in building out ground up products in the knowledge management & community building space was their biggest differentiator. This was augmented by their clear understanding of business requirements and subscription models, domain expertise and exposure to having built large scale enterprise Drupal 8 implementations.
Last but not least, Unimity has specialized in platforms that enable Engagement across different user groups – customers, fans, employees and a lot of that experience proved to be very handy while executing the Navitas project.
- - Use Drupal’s content management capabilities & community-building capabilities to help deliver the product
- - Agile Development process to ensure the client could see the progress made on the product & give timely feedback on features. The Agile approach was extremely useful to ensure the time commitments for the product launch were met.
Some of the key highlights in the Navitas project included:
- - Document Repository feature that helped record, store knowledge captured during collaborative offline events by leveraging Drupal’s media, file management, content creation interfaces and provided for a fast search interface by integrating with Apache Solr
- - Usability (UI/UX) features that presented Top Navigation links to Home/Dashboard and had Search explicitly presented at the top and helped created two kinds of Dashboards depending on User profiles with different Read/Write rules.
- - Business Module that was used to create Engagement Metrics to track key activities of the members and facilitates reports at the Client/Organization level to improve participation
Testimonial from the client
Unimity Solutions was on-boarded as Technology Partner for the redesign and launch of SocialGOAT.in - our Consumer Engagement Website and have been closely working with our Technology and Marketing teams. They are a very technically-competent team as regards to Drupal knowledge. What is more commendable is their comprehension of overall business requirements and translating them to future ready technology deliverables. On multiple occasions during the project, the team went out of their way to ensure that all committed timelines were met. I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Unimity for large-scale Drupal projects.
Head – Influencer Marketing and Brand Advocacy