A non-profit organization in the children's welfare space wanted Unimity to design a web portal that could present business information in a transparent manner to its stakeholders.
Unimity’s approach to implementing transparency covered the following
- To allow Business Information to be presented in a simple & easy to understanding format to stakeholders and users
- Usage of conversational phrases throughout the site.
- Usage of relevant images, videos & animations to make the site Come Alive.
- Powerful and intuitive search interface to assist users with navigation and access to data.
- To enable updating of information automatically in the portal as and when the data is uploaded in their internal system.
- To allow users and stakeholders to consume updated information.
- To enable business users to easily create, customize and upload content from anywhere.
- To allow changes to be made on the portal with minimal dependency from the IT Team.
- The Animations, Data visualizations, and the visual components of the Come-alive strategy were implemented using this layer.
- Used Solr search engine to optimize the platform to enable delivering a smooth user experience through quick data retrieval.
- Automated data synchronization to allow users to consume updated data as and when it is uploaded in the internal system.
- Configured Drupal’s Editorial interfaces to ensure the marketing team is able to edit content with minimal intervention from IT.
Outcome & Customer feedback
Unimity was able to complete the project in time successfully and the following have been the outcome and overview of the solution
- Improved User Experience: search interfaces, use of images
- Quality of Data and Information presented to meet IATI Open Data norms Accessibility of the Data, Presenting Learnings/Value from the Data through stories and Frequency of Data publishing.
- Technical Features: Use of standard Data format (JSON), Data visualization and interactions, and Editor tools to publish and manage content