About the Organization
Royal Challengers Bangalore or RCB is a franchise cricket team based in Bangalore (Bangalore), Karnataka, that plays in the Indian Premier League (IPL). Founded in 2008 by United Spirits (a subsidiary of Diageo) and named after one of its liquor brands Royal Challenge.
The BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) established IPL, which is a Twenty20 (T20) competition representing various cities across India.
The RCB franchise attracts big name cricketers from overseas with the experience and reputation that precedes it. One of the well-followed teams with 12 seasons under its belt, it is coached by Simon Katich and captained by Virat Kohli, who captains the Indian National Cricket Team as well.
This Digital Platform was envisioned to serve as an engagement platform for the RCB Team, sustaining interest in their worldwide fan base throughout the IPL season and beyond. The platform also meant to support the associated benefits from the engaged fan base around e-commerce - both for ticketing and merchandise.
- A well defined Content Strategy was adopted to identify the content types, the metadata and interlinkages. Ensuring the content was easy to search and cross-linked for easy findability.The Project also involved migration of 400 Articles and close to 50 Video Articles from the previous site.
- Our approach to UI/UX ensured ease of navigation, effective use of images and animation with a mobile-first approach.
- The Home Page presented all the different content items in the site, acting as a dashboard.
- The use of images and animation made the website #comealive to the user
- A separate section for showing Live Scores for IPL matches. Some of the features in this section include: ball-by-ball commentary, statistics & insights, wagon wheel, player details and the means to purchase tickets to matches
- Ecommerce: The novelty in the shopping platform for RCB Merchandise was the personalized shopping experience, where the users could customize and shop Jersey with their own name and number.