The website served as the front-facing marketing portal. The three main objectives of the Portal redesign included :
- A modern and contemporary design
- Making content findable
- Ensure content updates could be performed by the marketing teams with minimum dependency on IT
The website has a large volume of information and making content findable was the most important aspect of the redesign. Key aspects implemented to improve the findability of content include:
- All new content architecture with proper content types, taxonomies and relationships/interlinkages
- Stakeholders based landing pages to meet their respective objectives
- Course Finder
- Staff & Faculty Directory
- Categorized FAQ page
- Powerful, fast search
Staff and Faculty Directory
The key stakeholder that the website catered to includes: Prospective Students, Alumni, Admitted Students, Current Students, Donors, Employers. Each of these The Landing page presente contextual information and unique navigation paths.
The key reasons for choosing Drupal include:
- Competitive Cost - Drupal is Open-source, Zero license fees
- Tools to support building content types, taxonomies and content relationships
- Easy-to-use Editor interface
- Enterprise-class security, regular security releases
- Preferred Open Source CMS for high-traffic, high volume content sites
Key Functionalities on the portal include:
- Stakeholder Specific landing page: The Home page presented different content content, contextual information & unique navigation paths based on the Stakeholder.
- Course Finder: A quick search page with faceted filters to help the user navigate and Find the course he/she is looking for.
- Staff & Faculty Directory: Search, advanced filter and alphabetical index to find Staff and Faculty
- Categorized FAQ page: An accordion that displays FAQs
- Powerful, fast search: Solr powered fast search with Advanced filters
- Search Engine Optimized: Friendly URLs, meta-data
- Social Integrations: Embedded twitter, facebook and instagram content
- Bing Map Integrations:
- Capabilities to create Pages with different layouts on the fly: best use of Drupal’s layout builder, WYSIWYG, image editing tools, media library.
- Contact Forms that capture information based on the reason the user is reaching out for. Also ensure emails & reports were configured to be viewed by respective stakeholders/departments.